How to Extract Audio From Video Files Using Vlc Step By Step Guide
There are times when you need the Audio File but you have the video file. For example, you have certain video songs but you might just want the audio so as to transfer the song to the phone’s or iPod’s playlist. This becomes a challenge as the video file would take up a lot more space than the simple MP3 file. In this article, we have listed the steps to extract the audio from the video file using VLC. That is right, it can be done with help of VLC player and here is how you can do it.
Steps to Extract Audio from Video File using VLC
- So you should firstly have VLC installed on the system. Now you can launch the VLC player to start the process.
- Once you have launched the VLC Player, click on the Media button and a drop-down menu will be displayed. From this menu, click on the Convert/Save button. A new dialogue box will be displayed.
- Now, select the file that you would like to convert and also select the format of the output. Click on the covert button in the dialogue box.
- In the next step, a new dialogue box will appear and in this dialogue box, you will have to select the local location to save the file. Here you would also have to change the extension of the output and to get the Audio File, change the extension to .mp3.
- Go to the settings button on this dialogue box and in the profile option, select MP3. Once the settings have been tweaked, you can then click on the save button to save the MP3 song on your system.
This was one thing that can be done via VLC, apart from this, there are many other functions that can be done via VLC player. For example, you can go ahead and resize the video so as to decrease the size of the video. You can also change the bitrate of the song to decrease the size of the file. So we hope that these steps helped you in converting the video file to the audio file with ease.